An unique property in the heart of Pays d’Auge, just few miles from Deauville, where stand five stallions with great boarding facilities.
Haras du Logis Saint Germain was created in 1946 by her Ladyship de Rance. Breeding farm for Count de Leseleuc de Kerouara for many years, the stud was then sold to Mr Werner Wolf in 1984. The place has grown consistently under the care of Mr Claude Lambert.
Mr Olivier Carli took over the studfarm in 2008. Haras du Logis Saint Germain is spread over 495 acres with 110 boxes, in the heart of Pays d'Auge, a famous breeding region, close to Deauville.
The studfarm boards outside mares all year round, and welcomes horses from all around Europe during the french breeding season. The facilities include 5 foaling boxes, with video cameras, a unit supervised by a nightwatch man.
All year long, Logis Saint Germain raises foals, weanlings and yearlings, and takes under its care, horses on a spell, just like Dunaden, guest of honor every winter.
The studfarm looks after the whole yearling sales preparation for the homebreds as well as outside residents.
Haras du Logis Saint Germain was home of many famous racehorses : Magnus, Silicon Bavaria, Glorieux Dancer, Le Prestigieux, Le Broadway, Empereur Du Monde, Accelération, Latona, Providenza, Terre du Vent, and most recently, Family One, one of the best juvenile in France in 2011, as well as the promising Gorgeous Sixty.
Today, the farm stands five stallions :
- French Fifteen, the new recrute at stud for 2014. The best french 2 yold en 2011, winner of the Critérium International (Gr.1) at Saint-Cloud. At 3, easy winner of Prix Djebel (Gr.3), he finished closed 2nd to the champion Camelot in the 2000 Guineas (Gr.1) at Newmarket.
- Soldier Of Fortune, a son of Galileo, best 3yo of his generation, great winner of the Irish Derby (Gr.1). First 2 yold winners in spring 2013.
- Scalo, horse of the year in 2010 in Germany, winner of 5 group races, including the Gr.1 Preis Von Europe (1m4f). Also second behind the champion mare Danedream in the Grosser Preis Von Berlin (Gr.1). New in 2013.
- Medecis, a son of Machiavellian, out of Renashaan (Darshaan), brother to the champion filly Alexander Goldrun, sire of December Draw, Gr.1 winner in 2011. He is already very successful with his first french 2yos in 2012
- Palace Episode, by the sire of sires Machiavellian, out of Palace Weekend (Seattle Dancer), bred on the same lines as Blushing Groom, Gr.1 winner as a 2yo. Sired first 2 yo winners in spring 2013.
To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin